The nation’s leading punter was named to Ray’s 8 for the second time in five games, eligible for Punter of Week Award
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky junior punter Max Duffy has been named to the Ray Guy Award’s Ray’s 8 honor list for week five games, the Augusta Sports Council and the Ray Guy Award announced Monday. The Punter of the Week will be announced on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 10 am. ET.
Fans can visit the Ray Guy Award Instagram (@rayguyaward) and Twitter (@RayGuyAward) to find the voting link for who they think should become the Punter of the Week this week.
Here’s the case for Duffy (Perth, Australia):
· Broke two school records in UK’s game at South Carolina
· Broke his own single-game school record (min. 8 punts), averaging 51.1 yards on nine kicks
o In the process, became UK’s career punting leader with a 46.6-yard career average
· For the game, had four punts inside the 20 with no touchbacks and his net average was 51.3 yards per punt
· Created a turnover as he had one punt that hit a South Carolina player and was recovered by the Wildcats
· All five punts that originated from at least the UK 27-yard line ended up inside the Gamecock 20
· For the season, he leads the nation with a 51.2-yard average
· As a team, UK leads the nation in net punting with a 49.3-yard average
Kentucky is 2-3 and headed into a much-needed bye week. The Wildcats’ next matchup is against West Division foe Arkansas Razorbacks on Saturday, Oct. 12 at Kroger Field. The game has been dubbed “A Hell of a Game” as UK will celebrate the life of Wildcat great and fan favorite, Jared Lorenzen, who passed away in July. The game will air at 7:30 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.
UK has a series of ways planned to remember the man who wore No. 22.
Fans can use the offer code “TWENTYTWO” exclusively online at Ticketmaster.com to receive $22 off tickets to the Arkansas game in select areas of Kroger Field. This offer is exclusively available online, while supplies last.