Rescheduled due to Covid-19, APC to give Appalachian Athletes the Spotlight
BLUEFIELD, W.V. – June 5, 2020
The Third Annual Appalachian Prep Combine (APC) will take place in Bluefield, West Virginia on Sunday June 14th. The APC was originally scheduled to be held on Saturday, May 16th, but had to be rescheduled due to a orders in relation to COVID-19.
The APC is held in beautiful Mitchell Stadium the home of Bluefield High School, Graham High School, and Bluefield College. On November 4, 2019, Mitchell Stadium was selected as “America’s Best High School Football Stadium” in a poll conducted by USA Today.
The APC was the first recruiting platform that understood the need to help kids in rural markets gain exposure in recruiting due to being overlooked at national football showcases. Recruits participating in the APC – considered the premier event in the Region, groom themselves before the college camp circuit and before next season with the industries best coaches! APC position coaches have played and/or coached from the college ranks to the NFL. In addition, expert technique trainers will be on hand to get recruits footwork, stance, and hands right before they prepare to perform drills in front of college coaches.
The results and content for each participant are seen by hundreds of college coaches! The goal of the APC is to help each of the alumni receive a scholarship to play football at the next level. The organizer of the APC, Mr. J.T. Powell, hits the road and stays in constant contact with coaches to get the participant’s information in the right hands.
Participants will record times and stats in the following testing areas: 40-yard dash, Pro Agility Shuttle, L Drill, Power Pushup, Vertical Jump and Broad Jump. Top combine performers will receive awards in each position and get a free profile on the APC website. All participants will be ranked at the conclusion of the combine.
20 rising seniors will be invited to the 2021 Blue-Grey All-American Bowl! More information can be found on the APC website: https://appalachiaprepcombine.com/2020-apc-events/
APC also offers free recruiting services for high school football players. Each player in the APC database is evaluated and added to recruiting spreadsheets emailed to subscribers and other schools upon request.
The combine will be held in accord with CVC Guides:
Important Safety Procedures:
- All participants and spectators must pass a temperature check prior to entering Mitchell Stadium on event day. No one with 100.4 -degree f temperature or higher will be allowed to enter the stadium.
- This combine is closed to the general public.
- Wearing of facial coverings are optional. (Facial coverings can be mask, bandanas, cloth, ect…)
- No one will be able to participate or enter the stadium if they have experienced flu-like symptoms within 14 days of the event, had episodes of diarrhea within in 48 hours of the combine, traveled out of the country within the last 30 days, or traveled on a cruise within 30 days prior to the event.
- We will have strict sanitation measures in place.
- Practicing social distancing during registration, warm-ups, drills, and throughout the stadium.
- 1-on-1s will be optional for participants
- We will also be requesting that only one parent/guardian travel with each participant. No more than two family members will be allowed inside Mitchell Stadium.
- There will be no walk-ups allowed.
APC Class of 2020 Commitment Tracker
- Gaberiel Fuster – LB (Chesapeake, VA) signed NLI to Liberty
- Sean Martin – DE (Bluefield, WV) signed NLI to WVU
- Levi Forrest – K (Richlands, VA signed NLI to Penn State
- Alec Mock – LB (Weddington, NC) signed NLI to Air Force
- JJ Davis – RB (Bluefield, WV) signed NLI to Marshall
- Devin Lester – WR (Bluefield, VA) signed NLI to Old Dominion
- Darrian Bell – LB (Danville, KY) signed NLI to Louisville
- Marcellus Marshall – OT (Morgantown, WV) signed to Kent State
- Connor Henderson LB – (Indian Trail, NC) signed NLI to Cornell
- Jackson Hensley – WR (Pikeville, KY) signed NLI to Wake Forest
- Logan Mauldin – TE (Charlotte, NC) signed NLI to Coastal Carolina
- EJ Horton – WR (Pulaski, VA) signed NLI to Marshall
- Tyler Rose – WR (Lynchburg, VA) signed NLI to William & Mary
- Chance Knox – WR (Charleston, WV) signed NLI to VMI
- Aiden Twombly TE – (Waxhaw, NC) signed NLI to VMI
- Drake Alsup – WR (Cross Plaines, TN) signed NLI to Western Kentucky
- Bryce Kennon – WR (Waxhaw, NC) signed NLI to UNC Charlotte
- Preston Fox – WR (Morgantown, WV) signed NLI to WVU
- Gage Mannon – S (Pulaski, VA) signed NLI to WV State
- CJ Livesay – LB (Morristown, TN) signed NLI to Kentucky Wesleyan
- Solomon Dunn – WR (Johnson City, TN) signed NLI to VMI
- Brock Cain – QB (Parkwood, NC) signed NLI to Wingate
- Austin Cain – LB (Parkwood, NC) signed NLI to Wingate
- Daniel Morrison – DE (Parkwood, NC) signed NLI go Wingate
- Ethan Wolford – OC (Belfry, KY) signed NLI to University of Charleston
- Eric Brown – LB (Williamstown, WV) signed NLI to Marshall
- Brock Robey – OT (Clarsburg, WV) signed NLI to Glenville State
- Noah Howarth – S (Steubenville, OH) signed NLI to Fairmont State
- Liam Fultineer – OT (Anawalt, WV) signed NLI to Glenville State
- Christian Hill – RB (Hurricane, WV) signed NLI to WV State
- Colton Groves – DT (Nicholas County, WV) signed NLI to Glenville State
- Mason Polier – LB (Big Stone Gap, VA) signed NLI to UVA-Wise
Notable 2019 Alumni: Cameron Allen – Purdue; Jaylen Coleman – Duke; Graeson Malashevich – WVU; Sammy Fort – North Dakota; Nick Malone – WVU; Marcus Robinson – Navy; Deiyantei Powell – Central Michigan; Jacob Knight – JMU; Breece Hoff – New Hampshire; Xavier Kane – Campbell; Michael Boaitey – WVU; Mike Bartram – Marshall.
To see more alumni please visit the links below:https://appalachiaprepcombine.com/2018-d-2u-alumni/
BSN will be at the APC and bring you coverage of the Event.