REED ARENA | COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS, FEB. 25, 2020
Final Score: No. 8/9 Kentucky 69, Texas A&M 60
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky has won seven in a row and is 23-5 overall.
- UK remains in first place in the Southeastern Conference with a 13-2 league record.
- The Wildcats need one win to clinch a share for the SEC regular-season championship, which would be the Wildcats’ 49th in program hisotry.
- UK is 7-2 in true road games, including four straight road wins.
- Texas A&M is 14-13 overall, 8-7 in league play, ending a three-game win streak.
- UK leads the series 11-4 and has won two in a row.
- UK leads 4-2 in games played in College Station.
- Next up: Kentucky returns home for its final two home games of the season. On Saturday, the Wildcats play host to Auburn at 3:45 p.m. It will be a CBS telecast.
- Sparked by a career-high eight 3-pointers, Immanuel Quickley led the Wildcats with a career-high 30 points, his second straight game with a personal best. He had 26 points on Saturday vs. Florida.
- It is the first Wildcat with a 30-point game since Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 30 vs. Vanderbilt on Jan. 30, 2018.
- He has been torrid in the second half in UK’s current seven-game win streak, averaging 15.3 points in the second half alone during this seven-game stretch.
- It is his third straight 20-point game, the first Wildcat to do so since PJ Washington had four straight 20-point games last February.
- It is his eighth 20-point game of the season, all coming in the last 16 games.
- In nine true road games this season, he is averaging 19.9 points per game.
- It is his 17th consecutive game in double figures, most since Malik Monk had a 30-game streak during the 2016-17 season.
- He made 8 of 12 on 3-point shots tonight. UK is 10-0 in Quickley’s career when he makes at least three long balls.
- Eight 3-pointers ties for the fourth in one game in UK history.
- Tyrese Maxey had 13 points and five rebounds.
- It is his 20th game this season in double figures.
- Ashton Hagans had 11 points and four rebounds.
- Coming into the game leading the SEC with 6.5 assists per game, he had seven tonight.
- EJ Montgomery had eight points and a game-high 10 rebounds. It is his second double-figure rebounding game of the season.
Coach John Calipari
- Calipari is now 328-76 at UK.
- He has a 773-216 all-time on-court record.
- UK is 266-43 against unranked foes under Calipari.
- Kentucky is 149-40 under Calipari in SEC regular-season games.
- He is 10-3 all-time vs. Texas A&M.
- Kentucky held Texas A&M to 60 points. UK is 185-7 (.964) in the Calipari era when keeping the opponent to 63 points or fewer.
- Kentucky shot 52.2% from the field (24 of 46). It is the eighth game this season that the Wildcats have made at least half their shots. The Wildcats won all eight of those.
- UK made a season-high 11 3-pointers, making 11 of 22.
- The Wildcats have made at least 50% of their 3-pointers in four of their last six game
- Entering the game leading the SEC at 79.2% at the foul line, Kentucky made 10 of 11 free throws (90.9%).
- UK has made at least 75% at the line in 11 straight games.
- 11 free throw attempts tied for the fifth fewest in one game in the Calipari era.
- Kentucky won the rebounding 31-23. UK is 18-0 this season when winning the rebounding.
- UK led by as many as 14 points. UK is 281-7 (97.6%) in the Calipari era when leading by at least 10 points at any time in the game.
In the First Half
- The starting lineup consisted of Ashton Hagans, Tyrese Maxey, Immanuel Quickley, EJ Montgomery and Nick Richards for the 13th time this season. UK is 11-2 with the lineup.
- Nate Sestina, Johnny Juzang and Nate Sestina were UK’s first substitutes at the 10:10 mark.
- Both teams started hot. By the first television timeout at 15:01, the teams had combined to make 12 of 16 field goals, including 7 of 7 on 3-point shots, as UK led 19-14.
- Kentucky stretched the lead to 11 points at 36-25 before TAMU made two free throws to send the count to 36-27 at halftime.
- UK is 18-2 this season when leading at intermission.
- Quickley had 16 first-half points.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky began the second half with the opening lineup.
- UK got the first five points of the second half to stretch the lead to 41-27.
- An 8-0 TAMU run cut the lead to 44-38 but Quickley answered with a pair of 3-pointers from the left corner.
- With UK ahead 57-44, TAMU got two 3-pointers to make it 57-50 at the 3:52 media timeout.
- As he did on Saturday against Florida, Quickley forced in a shot late in the game as the shot clock expired. Tonight, his desperation banker at the 2:03 mark made it 59-50. On the next possession, Quickley’s eighth 3-pointer of the game effectively sealed the outcome at 62-51.