The junior running back rushed for a career-best 206 yards in Kentucky’s victory on Missouri
LEXINGTON – September 13, 2021
Junior running back Chris Rodriguez Jr. was named the Southeastern Conference Co-Offensive Player of the Week, it was announced today, after turning in a career-best performance in Kentucky’s 35-28 win over Missouri Saturday at Kroger Field.
There has been one change on Rodriguez’s stats from Saturday. Previously credited for a touchdown in the endzone, it was determined that Rodriguez was tackled by Missouri’s Devn Nicholson which resulted in a fumble. Sophomore offensive guard Eli Cox recovered the fumble in the endzone for a touchdown.
Rodriguez’s updated stats are reflected here:
- Had 27 rushes for 206 yards – both career highs – and also had two rushing touchdowns
- Caught a five-yard touchdown pass, finishing the game with three total TDs
- Became the eighth player in school history to rush for at least 200 yards in a game and it is the most ever for a Wildcat in an SEC opener
- Two weeks into the season, he leads the SEC and ranks second nationally in rushing with 165.5 yards per game
- Moved up 11 spots to 16th on Kentucky’s career rushing list with 1,692 yards
- Now has 20 rushing touchdowns in his career and ranks one score behind Benny Snell Jr. on the consecutive games with a rushing touchdown with five
Kentucky plays host to Chattanooga on Saturday, Sept. 18 at noon ET in Kroger Field for Family Weekend and Teacher Appreciation Day. The game will be streamed on SEC Network+ and ESPN+.
Hosted by the UK Parent & Family Association, Family Weekend welcomes families of UK students to campus for a weekend full of fall activities. For more information about Family Weekend, visit uky.edu/FamilyWeekend.
As part of Teacher Appreciation Day at Kroger Field, UK will participate in the College Football Playoff Foundation’s Extra Yard for Teachers Week. Extra Yard for Teachers elevates the teaching profession by inspiring and empowering teachers through the implementation of programs in four focus areas: resources, recognition, recruitment and professional development.
All teachers, in addition to University of Kentucky faculty & staff, will be able to purchase specially-priced tickets to Kentucky football’s game vs. Chattanooga. Go to this link for tickets >> https://fevo.me/eyft2021